- From the President
- Nature Center
- Press Releases
- Wildlife Hospital
Virginia opossum found stuck in jar
A Virginia opossum was among the seventy animals admitted to the von Arx Wildlife Hospital at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida this past week. Other admissions include a black-crowned night-heron,…
Burmese python program collaborates with PhD candidate
The Conservancy’s Burmese python program is collaborating with University of Florida PhD candidate and former Conservancy of SWFL conservation associate, Kate Davis, to better understand long-term impacts of invasion on…
Endangered sawfish recorded by Conservancy biologist
Conservancy Research Manager, Dr. Jeff Schmid, was recently treated to a rare sighting of two endangered smalltooth sawfish while performing sea turtle nest monitoring on Keewaydin Island. The island is…
“Path of the Panther” movie event spreads awareness on the endangered species
On July 15th, over 100 attendees made their way to Silverspot Cinema in Mercato to watch a special screening of the National Geographic film, “The Path of the Panther.” “Path…
Settlement reached on Rivergrass Village
The Conservancy of Southwest Florida has reached a settlement with Collier Enterprises regarding Rivergrass Village, the first approved village for the Rural Lands Stewardship Area (RLSA) in eastern Collier County. Our challenge against Rivergrass has been the Conservancy’s largest legal battle in our nearly 60-year history.
- Katy Hennig | Communications & Marketing Director | email@example.com | 239-380-1715
- Greg Willette | Digital Media Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robin Gould | Digital Marketing and Content Coordinator | email@example.com
- Holly Boldrin | Public Relations Director, Priority Marketing
firstname.lastname@example.org | 239.267.2638
ABOUT THE CONSERVANCY OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida was founded in 1964 as a small grassroots advocacy group. Today the Conservancy employs more than 60 full-time staff and is supported by more than 600 volunteers and 25 interns each year.
- We are an environmental preservation organization headquartered in Naples, Florida.
- Focus on issues related to our water, land, and wildlife in Southwest Florida’s 5-county area (Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades).
- Employ a team of environmental experts in the areas of policy & advocacy, science & research, wildlife protection & rehabilitation, and education.
- The Conservancy is a 501 © (3) nonprofit
1495 Smith Preserve Way, Naples, Florida 34102 | 239-262-0304 | www.conservancy.org