- From the President
- Nature Center
- Press Releases
- Wildlife Hospital
SB100 signed by Gov. DeSantis
On June 24, 2021, SB100 was signed by Governor DeSantis! Thank you for all your calls and emails urging him to sign this important legislation. SB100 repeals the Multi-use Corridors…
Protecting Southwest Florida: It’s what we stand for
Written by Conservancy President and CEO Rob Moher Protecting our quality of life for generations to come is at the core of our mission. In fact, the Conservancy of Southwest…
Horatio — one of the Conservancy’s feathered wildlife ambassadors
Over the past few years, the Conservancy of Southwest Florida has been redesigning and rebuilding its wildlife rehabilitation area, a part of the von Arx Wildlife Hospital facilities. Behind the…
Meet Olive, our ambassador barred owl
Visitors to the Conservancy of Southwest Florida’s Von Arx Wildlife Viewing Pavilion are greeted by docents happy to discuss the birds that may be found throughout our area. There are…
Alligator Appetites: Target Training at the Discovery Center
Our juvenile alligators here at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida are fed in a very special way. Targets of different shapes and colors are assigned to each alligator and when tapped with their nose, result in a food reward. As apex predators American alligators are a heavily food-oriented species, so this target training process helps to limit their food aggression.
- Katy Hennig | Communications & Marketing Director | firstname.lastname@example.org | 239-380-1715
- Greg Willette | Digital Media Manager | email@example.com
- Robin Gould | Digital Marketing and Content Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holly Boldrin | Public Relations Director, Priority Marketing
email@example.com | 239.267.2638
ABOUT THE CONSERVANCY OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida was founded in 1964 as a small grassroots advocacy group. Today the Conservancy employs more than 60 full-time staff and is supported by more than 600 volunteers and 25 interns each year.
- We are an environmental preservation organization headquartered in Naples, Florida.
- Focus on issues related to our water, land, and wildlife in Southwest Florida’s 5-county area (Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades).
- Employ a team of environmental experts in the areas of policy & advocacy, science & research, wildlife protection & rehabilitation, and education.
- The Conservancy is a 501 © (3) nonprofit
1495 Smith Preserve Way, Naples, Florida 34102 | 239-262-0304 | www.conservancy.org