The Conservancy of Southwest Florida will hold the 28th annual RedSnook Catch & Release Charity Fishing Tournament Oct. 8-10 to benefit the Conservancy’s commitment to water quality protection, as well as preservation and enhancement of local fisheries.
The Friday Night Kickoff Party returns this year after a year off due to the pandemic Friday, Oct. 8 at 5:30 p.m. at The Florida Sports Park, 8520 Rattlesnake Hammock Rd, Naples. The fishing tournament will be Oct. 9 and 10 with launch sites in Naples, Goodland and Chokoloskee.
Meland went on to say, “Without clean and abundant supplies of water, great fishing, days at the beach, boating and rising property values would be a thing of the past. The tournament supports the work of the Conservancy to keep our waters clean and to preserve our quality of life.”
Sponsors to date include title sponsors Meland Kahl Wealth Management and the Tompkins Family; apparel sponsor RGM Capital; launch site sponsors Kukk Architecture & Design; Oliver Rogers Photography and Papa’s Pilar Rum; tournament and kickoff sponsors Collins Vision, Newbury North Associates, Surf & Turf Custom, Sticky Holsters Hell’s Bay Boatworks, Cogent Bank, Northern Trust, Quarles & Brady, MANG, Dustin Beard Team – William Raveis, Mokey Shea, and YETI. Additional sponsorships are available, and auction items are needed.
Over the years, the funds raised at the RedSnook Catch & Release Charity Tournament has helped support the Conservancy’s water quality work in several ways, including:
- Providing assistance and expertise to water quality projects at the local, state and federal level.
- Creating the “Estuaries Report Card,” which rates the condition of our region’s vital waters.
- Working to limit the amount of pollution from the north that enters Southwest Florida’s water.
- Working to protect the Ten Thousand Islands, Big Cypress, Estero Bay, the Cocohatchee Slough and the Caloosahatchee River.
- Researching and monitoring juvenile gamefish habitats.
- Helping to restore the Western Everglades and Ten Thousand Islands.
For information on sponsorship and registration, visit conservancy.org/events/redsnook or email email@example.com.